There are fabric fibers stuck in my hands. I spent part of the weekend working on a bedding order which I think is turning out great. The pillow shams are completely finished, and I used some of the stitches on my new machine which, I have not been able to use yet, to top stitch the shams. I like these because they look much better than just a staight line, and they are more durable since there is more thread going through the space. The fabric from the shams is from Ikea, and I am really impressed with the quality. This is the first fabric I have purchased from them, and I don’t think it will be the last. It is thick like home-decor weight but soft like quilting fabric. Oh, and notice the leaves on the back hem…I added those for fun(ction).
I also worked on the duvet cover last night which took a *long* time. I had to serge all of the raw edges to prevent fraying, and I think that alone took at least 2 hours! I sewed together the panels for the front and for the back as well. I used one full panel with one half on either side. That way there are two side seams instead of one right in the middle of the cover. I bought a plain green fabric made by Amy Butler for the cover. I really try not to be all about her fabrics, but I have to admit that the quality is exceptional. The fabric is also really heavy! My arms were sore by the time I was finished. I think I can skip weight-lifting tonight! I double-stitched all of the seams so that they don’t end up coming apart in a year. I’ll post some pictures once I actually complete the cover.