Despite not receiving several items I needed this weekend, I was able tot get quite a bit done. I finished and mailed off the bedding set I worked on. It included one king-size duvet cover, two king-size pillow shams, and three decorative pillow covers. Because of the size of the project, I was unable to get some good pictures off all of it. Here’s tasts of how it turned out:
I also finished a smaller project with the same fabric from the duvet cover. I made two custom-sized pillow cases for someone who plans to do a bit of traveling over the next few months. With the thicker material, she won’t have to worry about dirt and who know what else getting through the fabric to the pillow.
I also cut out 36 outer pieces for the sandwich wraps. Just last week, I had orders come in totaling 37! Needless to say, I spent a long time cutting that out. Once I receive the lining layer, I’ll be doing the same there. I also sewed six more of those with the remaining fabric for the first order, and I tried my hand at some reusable snack bags :o)
I will not be selling these as the “pattern” still needs to be tweeked a bit. I use that word very loosely here, especially considering that I just used various scraps. I’ll be using them myself to see how they work :o)
Other than that, I was able to spend some time with my husband playing games and reading. I am reading a book by a Kentucky author, Wendell Berry. I may post on that once it is finished.
Don’t forget to see my giveway below for your chance to win one of the sandwich wraps I’ve been working on! Tomorrow is the last chance!!