I have been “tagged” by Alicia, and that means that I get to talk about myself (who doesn’t enjoy that?) I get to tell you seven things about myself that you probably did not know, and then I get to pick seven people to tag! So, here goes:
1. I hate balloons. I hate fireworks. I hate any kind of loud noises. (Want to find me in a crowded movie theater? I am the one plugging my ears the entire time like a five year old!)
2. I love to read. I really enjoy biographies, especially about people who have devoted their lives to following Jesus.
3. I love to learn about other cultures. My major in college was Cross Cultural Studies. I love to learn about their religion, traditions, clothing, homes, relationships, food, and on and on. I think that culture is one way that we can really see how God created people uniquely as well as communally.
4. I used to be fluent in French. I lived in Chambery, France for a year after graduating high school and LOVED IT. I still understand quite a bit, and once in a while I have conversations with….well, with me, in French. But as with anything, use it or lose it!
5. Places I would like to live for a year or more: South Korea, Romania, Denver, Portland, Brussels, anywhere in the UK, or France…really I would just like to live in a city or if in the UK or France I would be happy with a small village and local pub and market Brandon and I could ride our bikes to.
6. I LOVE the mountains. I don’t think that there is any place (geographically speaking) where I am more happy than in the mountains. I love the smell, the sights, the distance from everything, the stars you can see at night, the cool air… The mountains remind me of God’s greatness and nearness and just make me want to sing.
7. My husband and I eat bison meat instead of beef at home. We aren’t snobs about it or anything; it just tastes better and is better for you.
So, now I get to pick seven people to tag (people who have blogs). So, I pick: